Ferienart Resort & Spa is located in the heart of the car-free village of Saas-Fee in Switzerland. The foundation walls of the hotel go back more than 130 years in the history of Saas Fee:
- In 1883 the present-day Ferienart Resort & Spa was opened as the second hotel in Saas-Fee under the name "Grand Hotel Belle Vue".
- In the 1950s, the hotel was named "Walliserhof" - at the same time as the new road to Saas Fee was opened, which brought about a major boost in the local development of tourism.
- In May 1976, the "Hotel Walliserhof" fell victim to a great fire and burned to the ground.
- In 1978 the brothers Erwin and Albert Anthamatten together with their cousin Daniel Zurbriggen acquired the property. In 1982, after long negotiations, they received the permission to erect a new building which was reopened in July 1983 under the same name.
- In 1989 the "Hotel Walliserhof" became the "Ferienart Walliserhof".
- In 1992, the first beauty salon, the wine shop and an Asian restaurant "Le Mandarin" opened.
- In 2000/2001 the "Rainbow" outbuilding with an event hall and large spa area was - and thus also the first Minergie Hotel in Switzerland.
- In 2002 the hotel was renamed "Ferienart Resort & Spa" and was awarded its 5th star.
Since 2014 Stefanie Gärtner and Josef Planzer have been the directors of the privately owned hotel and are pleased to offer you a place of peace and relaxation in Saas-Fee.